Personal growth is a relentless effort to improve the level of self-knowledge and to ensure enhancement in every aspect of life; such as mental, physical and spiritual for maximisation of inherent potential to lead a happy and successful life.
Age is just a number, and there is no age limit for learning new things, you can always find something to learn and grow as a person. Personal growth makes you a better person than you were yesterday. It is your personal growth and knowledge, which is going to remain with you forever as it becomes the intrinsic part of your personality and life.
Your personal growth defines your own individuality; the core of your own unique personality. 10 things below will help you to speed up your personal growth.
- Example is Better than Precept: We all have tendency to follow in the steps of the successful people, trying to do what they have done. But, we forget that they have already done it, so when you are following them into their steps you are not creating anything. Rather you should learn from the failures of the people and try doing it in another way to succeed so that you can prove to yourself and the world a new way to succeed in something. So, don’t only learn from success stories, learn from failure stories and make your way to the success.
- Do What You Love: Don’t do what everyone else is doing. Trying doing what you love to do, because when you do what you love you will dedicate yourself completely to it and get what you aspire for. So, don’t follow the crowd, follow your own way.
- Focus on Your Goal: Remember the dialog from movie 3 idiots “Kaamyaab bano, kaamyaabi khud tumhare peeche aayegi.” We all try our level best to succeed, but sometimes we fail. Better to chase your vision and dream than chasing success and success will start following you.
- Be Confident: Every new thing in the beginning is dreary and runs a chill through our spine, but that doesn’t mean you should not try doing new things. Don’t say you don’t know how to do it. Act like you are confident and can handle everything. Fake it till you make it. That’s the mantra, once you have done it you will be confident to do it next time and every time followed by it. So, just do it and keep your fear aside.
- Be a Better Listener: Be a better listener and meet new people. Most people mistake hearing for listening, but the two are very different things. Hearing is a physical process, but listening is an intellectual act that involves taking that information further, processing it and understanding it. Listening expands our knowledge – on an intellectual level, we become better thinkers and leaders. But, it takes us deeper too. Quieting our inner mind as we listen enriches communication – we become more open and our relationships are strengthened. So, it is very important to learn the art of listening to people and speaking up when required.
- Stay Healthy: A healthy body and healthy living is very important to enjoy your success. What is the use of all that money you make by killing yourself day in and day out which you have to spend on medicines or pay to doctor to heal you. Love yourself and take care of your health so that you can enjoy the money you have earned and enjoy your success and achievements.
- Be Inquisitive: We ask a lot of questions when we are kids, but as we grow up we stop asking questions. Remember we learned things by asking. If you want to gather the right information about anything, you should be open to ask questions. No doubt you can google it, but still asking questions from the experts, peer group, friends can really help you learn more about your questions. So, be curious and ask questions all the time.
- Teach to Learn: We learn more by doing, best way to master anything is when you start to teach people on how to do things. When you teach people, you learn it to do better and better every time.
- Be Punctual: Being punctual is a discipline and to grow yourself you need to learn it. Always come to the office on time, so that you don’t feel the embarrassment of being late. When you reach at your work place on time your mind remains relaxed and ready to take up the challenges for the day. Start your day by writing down the things you want to do in that day and then start by doing from the top priority list.
- Don’t Get Lost in the Maze: With smartphones we are connected to our social circle, world through internet, and we do lot of app tasking on our phones. But, have you realized that how much time it takes away from your productive time? Phone might distract you from what you are doing in your work day, so when you are working, only use your smartphone for calling and nothing else. You can always check your emails and messages from your friends when you are off from work.
Also published on Medium.