As human beings we have some objectives of our lives, we have goals we want to achieve, whether it be earning enough money to live in a condominium, send kids for higher studies in best colleges, establish a business or anything else for that matter. But, ultimately all of us want to be successful and happy. And believe me it’s not difficult, all you need to do is just make some behavioral changes into your life and you can achieve your desired success and happiness for sure. Below are the 10 behaviors which define your success and happiness.
- Say Yes to Only Positive Things: We do a lot of things day in and day out, we say Yes to a lot of things without actually wanting to say Yes to. And those things disturb our mental peace. Don’t say Yes to everything which comes your way, first analyze and see if it is something you really want to do and then only give yourself permission to say yes only to the things that lift you up. And say No to the things which might take away your mental peace.
- Plan Your Life’s Journey: You first need to take control of your life because you are the captain of your own life’s ship and you have to steer it through to keep it safe from any damage. To do this you need to take time to evaluate, plan and be proactive with your life’s journey, so you’re navigating your own destiny. So, the plan you make for your life’s journey should have all considerations of ups and downs you might go through in it. Make your life’s plan so that you become successful in everything you do and stay happy throughout your life.
- Face Life’s Adversities: You might have heard people saying “Life is not bed of Roses,” true, life is not simple and everyone have their set of problems to solve, some adversities to face. Those who solve their problems calmly and face their lives adversities with positivity with patience and peace are the ones who make their path to success and happiness.
- Stay focused on Your Goals: Life us uncertain but always remember uncertainty is the breeding ground of new possibilities. With new possibilities comes the way to success, you just need to be focused to not miss those possibilities out. Put in place daily life-affirming rituals and reminders to keep you focused on your goals and work on things which take you closer to your goals.
- Be Conscious: We are all surrounded by people and listening to their conversations, which might drift you away for a while. You need to listen to the voice of thoughts which comes from our inside. Be conscious of what’s going on inside your mind. Start self-talking with your inner voice, and you will see that you feel quite relaxed with your self-talk.
- Think Positive: You need to think positive for every problem you might have. Develop a positive attitude for finding solutions for all your problems, look beyond issues with intent to see the positive way forward, and you will find a lot of your problems are momentarily and you will find solutions for them very easily.
- Go Beyond Your Fears: We fear for a lot of things, especially for our failures. But the best way is to do it and get failed, so that you will have a learning and experience, and for the next time you will attempt it in a better way and succeed. So, step forward and give life a go, beat your fear.
- Gratitude: It’s the energy that will magnetize more of the good things into your life. Gratitude bolsters self-worth and self-esteem, it helps you cope with stress and trauma, encourages moral behavior, help build social bonds, and helps you thwart hedonic adaptation.
- Prioritize your health: A healthy brain lives in a healthy body. You need a healthy brain to think through your life’s problems, carve out your way to success and become happy. Your body is the vehicle that carries you through life. You need to take good care of it so that it can also take good care of you to keep you running throughout your life to help you achieve what you aspire.
- Be Social: Don’t get so immersed in your own thoughts and plans that you are not left with any time for socialization. You also need to have some time for socializing with people, you need people to appreciate you on your achievements, you need people with whom you can share your success with, you need people who love you, you need people who care for you. So, don’t cut yourself off from everyone, and keep some of your time for socializing.
Follow us on our social media to have your daily dose of inspiration.
Also published on Medium.