We are a sum of the friends we have. According to a post on Steve Pavlina’s blog, 40% of people do not have a single growth oriented friend and 20% have just one. While this was mostly a US based study, chances are the numbers in India would be similar. That’s crazy. That means that more than half of us are NOT positively impacted by our friends.
Clearly, time for many of us to consciously seek out and befriend CONSTRUCTORS – people who are
– free spirited
– focussed on tomorrow
– self aware on their weaknesses
– action oriented
– take personal responsibility
– energise us
– are relatively selfless and giving
– in control of their time and energy
In the same breath, maybe we should look at jettisoning or spending less time with DESTROYERS – people who are
– quick to blame others always, themselves never
– never take responsibility
– suck the energy out of us
– clueless about their weaknesses
– focussed on the past and in venting about what went wrong
– are narcissistic and self centered and taking
– lacking in self control on time and energy
It’s a sensitive issue. But needs due consideration and action.
And while we are at it, can we please look at becoming more of a CONSTRUCTOR and eliminate the DESTROYER in us.
Food for thought ? Hmmm ?
Also published on Medium.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.